Thursday, March 24, 2011

Food For Thought: Relationships

A couple of years ago, long before Grits, in a galaxy far far away, I was in a relationship. Actually, my longest to date. Well to make a long story short, it went sour and we broke up. Honestly, looking back, I couldn't been happier about the way things turned out. I don't think I would've put as much energy into Grits if I still was in that relationship.

So, by now you are wondering where I am going with this. Well, I'm just tired of seeing people stay in relationships for the wrong reason ... Settling for less, just because they’re afraid they won't find another person. If this is you ... If you’re not fully happy, feeling incomplete, finding yourself checking in a bazillion times a day, because of trust issues, then do something about it. Some people get so caught up in a relationship that they half-ass their art, their dreams, and eventually their life.


In my opinion, the smartest thing to do is to make sure you build a strong foundation for your life before taking on the responsibility of a relationship. It’s not fair to your lover or friend and it’s not fair for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment