Friday, September 17, 2010

The Resistance

Every week, I get on my laptop to update this blog. Without fail, right before I sit down, I get the urge to do something else instead.

The "resistance" rears its ugly head every time we do work to improve our lives. Every hour, every second, we are presented with an opportunity to change our lives. There never was a moment, and never will be, when we are without the power to alter our lives. This second, we can turn the tables on "Resistance."

See every time I complete a new blog post, I silently congratulate myself for beating today's "resistance." So, when the to do list gets long and things are flying a mile a minute, I am reminded of the commercial below. The baker makes sure the work gets done. He is the professional. The professional loves it so much he dedicates his life to it. He commits full-time. However, the amateur doesn't love the game enough to do the work. If he did, he would not pursue it as a sideline. Be the professional. Show up and make sure the work gets done.




2 comments: