Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Do you Remember Hit Stix?

Do you remember Hit Stix? If you grew up in the 80's, you might remember: the toy that let you play drums without actually playing drums. Okay, I'll stop the nostalgia and move to explaining this contraption.


The toy featured a pair of rubber tipped drum sticks that cabled to a battery powered amp. Clip the amp to your belt and simply shake the sticks in the air to get a white noise snare-ish sound. (note: I didn’t know any 8-year-olds who wore belts – not sure about you). And the beauty of it was that you didn't actually have to hit the sticks against anything, but where's the fun in that?


Anyway, I always wanted the toy until a friend of mine got it and after trying it I realized how boring it actually was. I mean, sure it might have been better with the batteries in, but check out the commercial for yourself after the jump.


So, who wants in to start a band with me? All we need is Autotune. Now we can take over the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment